Yesterady, it was Andreas' last day in Mulluana College. He's an international student from Germany. He's heading back to Germany in 4 weeks time and you know what? We asked him whether he was excited to go back to Germany. He said no. He had established friendships here. In a way I really envy him. Once he came, he could find friends straight away. He became good friends with Oskar, yes my Swedish friend. And he doesn't want to go back now. Like yesterday, during assembly some guy took the mike and said, "Attention to all the guys in the room, you need to come down front and take a picture with Andi. No girls allowed. I repeat NO GIRLS allowed!" Hahaha. But then he took pictures with a couple of us girls anyway. He enjoyed being the man, surrounded by 6 girls. Haha.
I've talked to Andi to a couple of times and somehow I learnt a couple of good stuff from him. He was willing to leave his life behind in order to achieve his heart's desire. And his willpower to make his dream and make friends despite having a weird German accent (compared to the Aussies) and coming from a whole new culture. he didn't let his differences stop him from making the best of this opportunity that he attained.
You know what? I'm going to do that. I'm not going to let me being the girl from a different culture stop me from enjoying what I have here. I'm not going to let not having friends from the start drag on and destroy my life. I'm going to step out with the confidence that God had provided. People don't settle down that easily, and I'm not going to force things to happen when they're not meant to happen. I'm going to rely on God to show me what to do with my life instead of making this a normal routine. I had enough of being miserable, especially for the first 2 months and I'm going to revive the fighting spirit in me. If Andi can do it, so can I. :)
Somehow I really enjoyed youth group earlier. We had this game which was to me, a revised version of musical chairs. A much more cooler and fun version of musical chairs that get really competitve and you'll just push someone off the chair:P It was fun, a girl and I ended up sitting on each other and it was so fun. Really reminded me of the fun I had with my YC friends, that was the fun I had and I thank God for that.
p.s: Was watching the deleted scene from Enchanted and what the chipmunk said made me laugh so hard. "Kiss my acorn you fat old guard!" ACORN.... HAHAHAHHAHA
Saturday, June 28, 2008
A lesson learnt from a German friend of mine :)
Posted by Priscilla at 10:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment