Piggies will always be oinketies.. Like best friends oinking away..
The 2 coolest chicks in Puchong. :P
Went to Loddon prison today. It was definitely some experience. We actually talked to the criminals face to face.. I was so intrigued by this whole excursion till I couldn't stop asking the prisoners questions, which was VERY unlike myself in school. It's like I just HAD to know how it was like being a prisoner. (Btw, I'm NOT going to try being a prisoner myself!) Breanne and I talked to one of the prison officers, and he was an ACCOUNTANT before being a prison officer. We kept bombarding him with questions.
What really caught me off guard was this; during our small group discussion where we could ask the prisoner anything, he was like, "I met our Lord Jesus Christ in jail." I was like, "WHOAAAAAAA........" That's when I really listened to what he had to say. I guess the rest were getting too fake, like telling exaggerated stories like an Asian was dead after being stabbed in the neck with chopsticks. It wasn't real.. You get what I mean? But this guy was just.. Sigh. I felt really sorry for him. He wasn't boasting about the crime he committed like the rest, he looked like he regretted what he did. Tears almost welled up in my eyes as he slowly and painfully spilled out his story. Well, I can say that I went in the prison feeling excited to meet criminals, but I came out feeling entirely different. I came out feeling sorry for that guy who was only 8 or 9 years older than me who was in jail for culpable driving and getting his cousin killed. (His cousin was dying on his lap) I came out from the prison knowing that a criminal surrendered his life to God.
YC Camp started today. Sigh. This feels awkward. I'm actually NOT attending YC Camp. YC Camps have always been highlights of my holidays. Now, while everybody is enjoying themselves, I'm here, in Aussieland, wearing multiple layers of clothes just to keep myself warm.
I need the sleep. I feel myself falling sick already..
Nic, why haven't you received my letter yet????

0 comments:
Post a Comment