CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pre end of year post

It's the 2nd last day of 2008.

So much to think about.. You know, I dont think I would be able to forget this year for the rest of my life. This year has been just so bizarre for me.

This time last year, I remember writing in my journal, asking God whether it was His will for us to migrate. A year later, I'm in my room in Australia, writing this out. See how much things have changed?

I actually migrated. I actually turned 17. I actually got my driver's license 3 months before I turned 17. I actually managed to make new friends and enjoying every bit of their company. I actually got a job, and regular customers and I call each other by name. (I had a regular customer driving past my house, he waved when he saw me)

See, so much to thank God for?

Honestly, it's hard for me to decide whether I accomplished or struggled more this year. I cried so much, I laughed a lot too. I was disappointed so many times, but I had pleasant surprises as well. I dont seem to have as much fun with my friends here compared to my YC friends, but I still managed to laugh till I cried with my friends here :)

My birthday started out with a pleasant call from Nic (from Malaysia) and a piece of information crushed my heart, but then as the hours passed, the company of my friends snapped me out of it, at the last hour of my birthday I received a phone call from a dear friend of mine crying over family issues which made me cry hard with her as well. See what I mean by bizarre?

I'm still dealing with issues, but I'm determined to end this year on a positive note.

Looking on the bright side, Australia has awesome clothes! In church, I'm known as the person who shops like crazy and gets the cheapest clothes :) I bought a sleeveless black dress, slightly above my knees from Cotton On for $15! Girls thought it was $40 or something.. Haha. Me and my shopping skills.... :P When I shop, I really shop. Throughout this month, I've bought dresses, skirts, and tops, about 25-30 garments all up?.. LOL!

I've learnt to toughen up and left my comfort zone and meet new people. I love meeting new people, it's just having constant relationships are what I struggle with. You can't click with everyone you meet, and that's when I learnt that friendships are based on time. A strong relationship doesn't happen overnight. It's about people opening up to one another, it's about taking a step forward and making yourself vulnerable and trusting, and they would trust you back in return.

Just how people how migrated from Malaysia helped my family settle in, we, in return are making ourselves available to help other migrants like ourselves to settle in. We know how it feels like starting everything again, so we're going to help others as much as we can. :)

I'm looking forward to a new year. I'm just going to look back at this year and say, "that wasn't the best year, more struggles than achievements, but next year is going to be a better one, in the name of Jesus!"

Yup.

0 comments: