I'm assuming that I've been hit by another wave of insecurity.
It's stupid, really. Sometimes, I can be confident with what I do and who I am. Other times, I look at others and go, "So... I actually have talent in this area. Rightttt.."
So I'm on a quest of unleashing the string of talents in me. Well, I'm hoping that I have more than one talent, lol. Honestly, I feel a little afraid of what I would find. I'm afraid that I would find myself being not the person who I wanted to be. I don't think that this would affect the people around me. Well, mainly, I'm afraid of disappointing...
Myself.
You can say that I'm my biggest enemy. So many times I criticize and beat myself up over an area that I could have been slightly lenient on. I could be a little paranoid.
I'm not sure whether I let expectations of others get the better of me, and I mould my expectations to suit the ones of the world. I can say that I expect myself to do this, but when I look deep down, who/what had caused me to set such standards of myself?
Right now, I wish I was a better person. I wish that I'm a great thinker with apparent leadership skills. I wish I could play the keys so much better, I'm tired of watching talents of the others from afar, knowing that I'm not as good as they are. I wish I was smarter. I wish I could write much better than what I am capable of now.
Oh, Pris. Shut up, cut the whining and insert some action to improve yourself as a person.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
My biggest enemy.
Posted by Priscilla at 12:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You know what? I COMPLETELY understand what you mean, and I am so often in the same boat. It can be quite a struggle at times and at others it's more like, "Who cares about what other people are doing, this is me as God created."
Can I just say though, that your work on the keys is so amazing - I love it when you play. You're also beautiful and I'm so proud of all you're doing/wanting to achieve this year :)
Love ya
Post a Comment