Sometimes I wonder what the world would be like without martyrdom.
The death rate would be slightly lower in certain countries, and in other countries, a LOT lower.
As much as the term martyrdom hurts my heart, I realise that this is when we realise unexpected qualities: loyalties or betrayals. Just when you have a gun pointed to your head, you're faced with the question that would allow you to save your life but live in a meaningless world of emptiness after that or you lose your life knowing that you have acted according to your conscience, making you a true legend.
Which one would you choose, really?
I don't think anyone of us can answer it now. Actually, we can verbally voice out our choice, but are we really willing to walk the talk and be persecuted for a "theory" (some would call it that), even at point blank?
Honestly, I think that no one is able to determine the extent of whether we are truly passionate for a cause until that moment actually happens.
It feels so good being alive, doesn't it?
What about those people whose lives were brutally ended by a squeeze of a trigger for declaring their faith? What about them? What were they feeling? What went through their minds? Did the notion of betraying their belief run through their minds, knowing that they would be able to live slightly longer? What caused them to whisper the words that would cause captors or gunmen to snatch their lives viciously?
What do I think?
Sometimes, I think I'm thinking about these things too much.
Sigh.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Martyrdom.
Posted by Priscilla at 12:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
....Priscilla u really are thinking about these things too much. :P
Post a Comment