CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011, it's nice to meet you

Is it really the start of 2011? What ever happened to 2010? It just seems a little too quick for 2010 to end – just like that.

Like everyone else, I attempted to come up with a New Year’s resolution list. Losing a couple of kilos would be nice, but I don’t think that resolution will actually come to past haha.

What am I expecting 2011 to be? I don’t know. 2010 rushed past with all the different experiences, choicese and acquaintances. I think it’s time to put away my insecurities and step forth in faith. Questioning my abilities and strengths won’t get me far. I think I had enough of that in 2010.

Do I really want to be someone that I wish that I could be, instead of being just me? I rant about these all the time. I wish I was funnier, I wish I was a better musician, I wish I could be a sporty girl instead of avoiding every single type of sport, I wish I was a better youth leader, I wish I was smarter, etc.

Am I being too hard on myself? I try not to let insecurities grab a foothold, but sometimes these little things slip through. Just as strong as I guard my heart, I strive for personal perfection which turns into my biggest weakness.

Do I regret some of my actions in 2010? Perhaps, but not entirely. I can’t imagine things turning out differently than what it did. I want 2011 to be different. I want it to challenge me as a person. Other than that, I would like it to stretch me beyond my comfort zone. However, I’d better watch what I wish for. The last time I asked for that, I ended up whining and wanting things to turn back to the way they were.

I could wish all I want, but these wishes and dreams will just remain as they are. Wishing without action isn’t going to get me very far at all.

So, I’d say, let’s see what 2011 will bring forth.

p.s To all my acquaintances in 2010, thank you for extending your friendship to me. Things wouldn’ve been what they were without you. I look forward to having many more experiences with you in the next 363 daysJ

1 comments:

Marta said...

Hey Priscilla :)
Firstly, I want to say that your blog is beautiful, your writing is so sincere and inviting that I don't know how you don't have more comments. I also never knew you were a devout Christian, which is very inspiring :). I see you want a 'change' like most of us once a new year has begun, and I'm the same. While you may think you need to improve yourself, I strongly disagree - from real life and this blog, I can see how valuable and superior you are in many areas, areas which you seem to think you are lacking in. Funnily enough, I happen to think your traits, such as your honesty and lovely nature are something I'm lacking myself, and it seems ludicrous to me that you doubt yourself so much. You're very beautiful and smart, you don't need to change or improve yourself at all :). Happy New Year xx