CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 9, 2009

There is power in His name!

Some things just really tick me off..

I hate it when I see really intelligent people who just couldn't be bothered to study. I'm not very smart, but I spend at least 4 hours preparing for my tests and assignments. I get a pretty decent/good mark, but I wish I was brillliant so that I wouldn't have to try so hard. I just don't think it's fair, some people who barely study get pretty decent marks while I'm studying really hard just to get the best score I can. Why do I have to be the person who puts in so much effort, and I don't get exceptionally good marks?.. I get A's, and stuff, but not to the level that I want to be at.

Similarly, some people are blessed with gifts, but they just refuse to use it for God, saying that "They're not ready". What crap.. I don't play an instrument very well, and I know that. But I just want to give God the glory He deserves. He gave me this teeny weeny bit of talent, so I want to give it back to Him.

(I wasn't directing this to anyone in particular.)

I was talking to a church friend of mine last night. She asked me what do I really want in life. I had to think for a fair bit of time before replying her text. "I want my music to touch lives. I want my music to draw people closer to God" I've mentioned before that music is a huge part of my life, but I never really stepped out. Thinking that this was just a supplementary, I pushed it aside.. but now, the more I talk to God about this, the more convinced I am that starting in church is only the start of something big. I feel awkward typing this out, but I think I need to start dreaming big. I used to dream big once before, but I let this whole move and insecurity stop me. It's time for me to pick up where I stopped, and I know that I am capable of influencing lives in His name.

There is power in His name.

And I believe that with everything I have - literally.

0 comments: