CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Freedom... Myth or reality?

I>I think I may just know how a little taste of freedom may feel like...

While speakiing to a friend this afternoon, I ended up blabbing everything. Under normal circumstances, I would be very weary about who I share things with and till what extent. (the move to Melbourne could be a big factor of why this happened)

As I headed off, I sensed a significant part of weight was being lifted off my chest. It was literally easier to breathe, and the weight of rocks no longer existed.

The funny thing was, you only experience freedom once you grasp a microscopic element of it. Burden needs to be placed there in order for something to be lifted away to enjoy freedom. It's the same concept of 'it takes a storm to prove the strength of shelter'. Bondages need to be broken in order to experience total freedom. So, that requires the presence of bondages in order to be set free.

Sometimes, you don't even realize that you carry so much burden. You don't realize that it weighs you down until it's lifted. Then, you realize that you have even carrying all these unnecessary baggage. The baggage that accumulates over time. Remember that disappointment when you beat yourself up for not attaining marks up to your standard? Remember the time you called yourself an idiot over a petty thing? Remember the time where you had an argument with a loved one?

All these things add up. They accumulate before you know it. They turn into unnecessary baggage which you lug around.

I didn't realize I was carrying so much rubbish with me. Till today.

Perhaps you don't realize that you are carrying baggage. Break it in the name of the Lord. Mentally stop every negative thought before they invite others.

Do you want to know how total freedom feels like?

Clear out your wardrobe, and cast out things that are not meant to be there. Once you have a clean wardrobe, invite God to fill it up with blessings.

0 comments: