CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Relocation

Okay, maybe I have geographically relocated. Not easy, but am grateful how God revealed talents that I never knew I had, friendships and relationships that I never thought I would achieve, and a working environment that I do enjoy.

Tonight, at the leadership summit at church, I was challenged by this : relocation of thinking.

Relocating is never easy, relocating does not produce instantenous results either.

I think God is taking me through a process of relocation. Not geographically, but in the relationships around me. After having seasonal friendships, I find it hard to 'loosen' my grip around the closer ones around me now. But God is placing in my heart to let go and grip my relationship with Him instead. Because He is constant and everlasting.

I'm afraid to let go because I'm afraid of 'losing' friendships. I don't like getting close to someone and letting go just when I feel at ease. Well, so much for taking hold of the notion of selflessness then? Lol

As the day passes, I pray that God would give me the strength not to be envious, but to celebrate happiness of others. That whatever makes them happy would make me happy. It's not easy, but I know that it is the right thing to do. It hurts, but I don't want relationship to be a competition. Personally, I am struggling to allow "breathing space" because when I find a person that I'm close with, I usually "snatch" him/her up so that I feel secure. I need help to be understanding and foster friendships carefully instead of claiming "territory" in this area.

Maybe if I let go, maybe I would be blessed with new acquaintances. Maybe if I let go, I would encounter more experiences.

One of my close friends quoted "Friendship goes up and down, and close and apart".

Perhaps I need a relocation of attitude and mindset.

Maybe...

1 comments:

Poh Yee said...

I feel the same as you do regarding friends..hmm..Hopefull we can let go and find new friends while we keep in touch with the old ones =)

Miss u..