CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

United we stand

I've begun to realise the necessity of prayer before a service.

Such a simple thing could never possibly be forgotten, can it? But, us just being the state of flesh and bone, it isn't too hard to forget the importance of prayer..

I should've known better. Being a youth leader once and in a worship team now, I should realise that prayer holds the key to a successful service. After all, this is for His glory and to lift His name high, isn't it?

If a band came together, and no one knew each other being from different churches, it's not impossible to pull off a successful worship - IF we depended on God. That was our biggest mistake. We're all not unskilled musicians, just because we were lacking a drummer, I believe that we could have pulled it off much better. We were all upset and frustrated because things just didn't turn out right; complications and misunderstandings happened too often for our liking.

It wasn't that we weren't trying, we all tried to blend and complement each other, but things just turned out to be a mess. We all left the stage feeling as though we didn't carry out our duties to lead the congregation into worship. It didn't hit us until we left the stage that we depended on our abilities instead of leaning on Him. I went on stage to play in the background when the pastor was praying, as I played, I prayed, "God, please help us. God, please help us."

As the rest of the musicians joined in, we all prayed individually while playing our instruments. We were finally united as one, as our prayers rose up above to bless His name. That was when a change took place.

People made the first step in their journey with Christ. Hallelujah.

With everything, with everything, we will shout for Your glory
With everything, with everything, we will shout for Your name - Hillsong

2 comments:

General said...

Yay for dependence on prayer! such a 'random' thing, but there is just too much power in it, We see too much to deny its worth!

MarcusDS said...

www.mypg.wordpress.com

PRI!!!check that one out!!