2 May 2009
- I look into the mirror and who do I see? I see a girl who looks exactly like me. She isn't extremely succesful in life. I see a girl who wants to live a life of confidence and authority. I see a girl who tries as hard as she can to see her name printed out in the 'High Achievers' column. I see a girl who doesn't have a terribly exciting life. I see a girl who wants to live a life fuller than she has now; she dreams to be legendary, a person that would bring a dramatic change to the world.
I stare into the mirror once again, and all that I see is just a very ordinary Priscilla Yap.
3 May 2009
- "Dont compare yourself to your peers. You are different. Comparing yourself isn't going to take you anywhere. You are going to be a great person of God just by being yourself."
I wasn't a loser, (well I dont think I am?) but I wasn't the greatest person around either. I just wanted to make my Lord and my parents proud. Not so much of getting their approval, but just making them proud of me. I can wish I was as successful as my peers, having my level of thoughts and maturity beyond my years.
God had made me such. He made me Priscilla Yap, and nobody else; He created Priscilla Yap for a reason. All I need to do is to avail myself, live by His standards. Not wanting to act like the crowd although I am part of the crowd. Living a life according to His will, and letting His light shine through me when the lights in the people die down.
I just need to have a little faith.
Psalms 34: 15 - The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are attentive to their cry.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Entry #50
Posted by Priscilla at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment