CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Situations and choices.

Recently, I’ve been disheartened by a couple of relationships in my life. It’s not that they are dysfunctional or anything of that sort. Let’s just say that I don’t adjust to changes very well. As many of you would know, friendships/relationships play a big role in my life. I love connecting and being around friends. Unfortunately, I struggle with holding them too close to my heart. When changes arrive, it’s hard for me to let go.

I found myself being overpowered by emotions and wanting to run away from my situation because that seems to be the easiest thing to do. In a way, I have been just running away. I started attending different activities, doing everything to occupy my mind from this. I started attending a new small group, catching up with new acquaintances, and meeting people at uni. No doubt that doing these things are great, I sincerely love doing what I do now.

But I think I need to stand up to this... I need to put my foot down and declare “God is in control. God has a great plan for my life. This is happening for a reason; to grow stronger as an individual.”

Strangely enough, it’s when you’re struggling, you depend on God the most – Christian or not. That’s when you realise that you have no control over the situation, and you need an intervention from the Big Guy up there. As much as I don’t like this, I’ve learnt to surrender everything to God.

The life that I enjoyed just a few months back is meant to be left as a distant memory; it was there for a period of time. It was highly enjoyable, but I’m meant to move on. Moving on requires sacrifice, and being pushed out of your comfortable cocoon. Stepping out in faith is uncomfortable, but I believe that this step is needed to enjoy the goodness of life.

Right now, I’m in an uncomfortable position. I don’t know whether I’m meant to turn left or right, or even straight ahead. But I know once that this conquered, the blessing would taste even sweeter than before. And I’m aware that this is only the start of things.

Easier said than done, but I’m still going to try.

0 comments: